Good Employer Awards Celebrate Food and Fibre Sector
30 June 2022, Press Release: New Zealand Government
The food and fibre sector acknowledged its people and leadership at last night’s 2022 Primary Industries Good Employer Awards, a time to celebrate their passion towards supporting employees by putting their health, welfare and wellbeing first,” Acting Minister of Agriculture Meka Whairiti said.
“Award winners were selected from an extraordinary group of finalists across the food and fibre sector, including wine, dairy, horticulture, forestry, apiculture, and fisheries,” Meka Whaitiri said.
“They know the success of their businesses is a direct result of their people, and if their people thrive, so to do their businesses.
Good Employer Awards were received by:
· Raglan Food Co (Employee Development Award & overall Supreme Award)
· Align Farms Limited (Safe and Healthy Work Environment Award)
· Sealord Group Limited (Inclusive and Diverse Workplace Award)
· Stefan and Annalize du Plessis of Mosa Farming Ltd (Small Business Recognition Award)
· Wini and Simon Geddes of Tāne Mahuta NZ Ltd (Māori Agribusiness Award).
Forestry Minister Stuart Nash said the awards were an opportunity to recognise and celebrate exemplary employers throughout Aotearoa.
“I’d like to congratulate the Awards recipients, the finalists, and all of the entrants in this year’s awards,” said Stuart Nash.
“They continue to provide workplaces that support and nurture their people, and the right environments and conditions to drive their success.
“The employers recognised are role models for the 367,000 people who work in our food and fibre sector. They should be incredibly proud.”